Lucianne Tonti has worked as a sustainable fashion consultant and journalist in Melbourne, Sydney, London and Paris. She is the Fashion Editor for The Saturday Paper and a regular contributor to The Guardian where she writes the column Closet Clinic about how to care for your clothes. Her first book Sundressed: Natural Fibres and the Future of Fashion, will be released on July 19th 2022.
While living in Paris, she founded a showroom and consultancy for high-end, sustainable designers from the United States, Europe and Australia. In October 2020, she launched the sustainable fashion site Prelude, which was profiled in Vogue as ‘pav[ing] the way for a slower, “gentler” fashion industry’.
- Regenerative agriculture and natural fibres as a solution to fashion’s carbon footprint
- Sustainable fashion and the future of the fashion industry
- Circularity in the fashion industry
- Ethical fashion supply chains and a return to local production
- Advice on how to care for your clothes e.g., stain removal, laundry, repair, and mending.