Here at Speaking Out we are always adding fresh and fabulous speakers to our list.
We are very pleased to now be working with the following women, who are all high-achievers within their respective fields. From feminism and well being to science and technology – we have the perfect speaker to fit your next event or program.
Dr. Kate Raynes-Goldie is a future-oriented thinker, game designer, researcher and innovator who has been helping organisations understand and harness key technology issues and trends for nearly 15 years.
Kate will be in NSW in late November for ACS’ Digital Disruptor Awards as a finalist for the ICT Professional Achiever of the Year, and will be available for workshops and speaking engagements on the following topics:
- Virtual, augmented and mixed reality (VR/AR/MR)
- Diversity and women in STEM/STEAM
- Innovation and disruptive technologies
- Using games for education and social impact
- Understanding gamers and the games industry
To see Kate in action, click here.
Judy Horacek is an award winning Australian cartoonist, children’s book illustrator and writer, known for her wonderful sense of humour and her strong sense of equality and social justice.
- Do feminists have a sense of humour?
- The simplicity of cartoons versus the complexity of ideas
- You have to laugh or you’d cry – the serious business of being funny
- Cartoons for social justice
- Trying to change the world
- Laughing on the left
- My life as a freelancer
- Where is the Green Sheep? The making of a children’s classic
Judy recently ran a hugely successful crowdfunding campaign on Pozible, which saw her raise $20,000 towards publishing her next book. We can’t wait!
See a preview of some of her gorgeous illustrations here.
Jill Stark is an author, award-winning journalist and social commentator. Her best-selling memoir High Sobriety: My Year without Booze (2013), was shortlisted for the Kibble Literary Awards and was a finalist in the Walkley Book of the Year.
Jill’s speaking topics include:
- High Sobriety: My Year Without Booze
- Binge drinking culture in Australia
- Alcohol-free dating
- LGBTI issues
- Gender equality and feminism
- Sex education and teen sexual health
- Mental health
- Body image and eating disorders
- Public health